Jean Ann McDonald of Sweet Life Farms is the whole package. She and her husband Andy are partners at Sweet Life Farms, an IMPAC certified farm. She also serves as the payroll manager, food safety manager, all while raising three children. So, we knew we were pretty lucky when she agreed to spend the day with us and show the IMPAC staff how to make her heavenly Strawberry Pretzel Salad.
This recipe is a southern favorite, and not really a salad at all but more of a layered dessert. It’s super simple, and will please just about everyone at your table. If you are a fan of salty-sweet, you’ll love the magic that happens when you bite into the layers of savory pretzel crust, cream cheese filling, and the fresh strawberry topping. You’ll take it to your next event – we promise.
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar, plus 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) container whipped topping
- 1 (13.5-ounce) package strawberry glaze
- 2 1/2 cups fresh strawberries sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- For the crust, mix the crushed pretzels, butter, and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Press this mixture into a 9×13 pan and bake for 7 minutes. Set aside and allow it to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and 3/4 cup of sugar. Fold in the whipped topping and spread over the cooled crust.
- Mix together the sliced strawberries and the Strawberry glaze and spread over the cream cheese filling. Refrigerate until ready to serve.